Author Topic: Structure of day is suffering for short naps!  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Lor

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Structure of day is suffering for short naps!
« on: November 28, 2005, 13:03:02 pm »
My daughter is now nearly 19 wks old.  We got onto 4 hour EASY when she was approx 14 wks.  It has worked well, she sleeps well at night going to bed between 7.30 and 7.45pm and she was waking approx 6.30am. Most times I had to help her back to sleep for her daytime naps but we got there. 
However, in the past 4 days she has started waking earlier at about 6.00am but I tried to keep to the same structure that I had been.  However, when she wakes during her day naps (sometimes after 40 mins, 50 mins or sometimes after 1 hour) I cannot get her back to sleep.  I've tried pick up/put down but she cries continually so I don't know when to pick her up and when to put her down.  I can't seem to sooth her unless I get take her out of the room and distract her then I end up getting her up.  It becomes a vicious circle because she is then tired and becomes overtired.  Then it's feed time and she falls asleep, after which today she has managed to sleep for 2 hours.  Please help!

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:36:47 am »
this sounds like exactly the same problem i just posted here...feel free to ask questions once you have a read.

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/help-why-back-to-30-minnaps-trying-to-do-it-right-vt46553.html

Offline Lor

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 09:57:43 am »
I will try extending her A time as a starter during the day but I'm also now wondering if her E is causing the disruption.  She normally has a dream feed at 2250 but last night she actually woke up shouting for a feed at 2230.  After previously waking at 630 - 700am she started waking the last few days at approx 600am but today is was 530.  It was difficult but I pacified her until 0625 but finally gave in and fed her at 0630.  She finished the bottle all but 1/2 oz and fell back to sleep so she was obviously still tired.  She slept then from 0640 to 0740 so we then got up.  I figured that it would a long time until E time again (usually 1100) so I offered her a top up at 0830-she took 1/2 oz.  I put her back to bed at 925 and she drifted off to sleep at 0940 so we'll see what happens now. I always make an extra ounce in her bottles so there is always plenty there.  Yesterday I gave her a little bit of baby rice as well as her bottle at 1430. I now wonder if this is partly causing her naps to have shortened?

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 14:42:09 pm »
It could be, i would continue to offer the top up before naps (be sure not to feed to sleep) for about a week and continue w/ the 1 oz extra at each feed.

Let us know how you get on.