Author Topic: activity for 5-6 month old  (Read 1295 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
activity for 5-6 month old
« on: November 28, 2005, 14:35:36 pm »
i feel i should be doing different things with tom now hes much bigger and more alert but have no idea what. at the mo we read books, he plays in his bouncer, we sing songs andhe plays in his gym. I feel i shiuld be doing more activities that are interacting with him (although also want him to develpoe independant play). I know this has prob been posted before, but can anyone help?
Alison

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 06:48:19 am »
Well, to be honest, I've only in the last few weeks given my dd the next level of interactive type toys to play with (as in balls being put into slots, banging a metal bowl with a wooden spoon, banging a xylophone) - she's now 8mths old.  Before then I don't think she would have been interested in doing much more.  Let your ds guide you, if he's looking bored then introduce something new, but if he's content he's still learning about the toy he's playing with.  Check out the list at the top of this forum for some fresh ideas and see how he reacts to them. 

HTH :)

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 14:47:48 pm »
Hi Alison!  Nice to see you on this forum.  LOL

I know with Owen I can entertain him even by folding laundry.  Not the most exciting interaction, but household chorse seem to amuse him and I get something done.  LOL

Ok, maybe it's not a great suggestion, but I tried.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 16:01:49 pm »
LOL
 :lol:  :wink:
I use to be ablle to entertain tom with washing etc but hes board of that now!! He looks at me as if to say not again mummy!! Weve recently discovered the game of practicing sitting up on the bed and toppling over.... hes practically learnt to sit doing it and finds it really funny when he falls over.!!! :lol:

I have looked at the list of stuff above, and use to do some of the stuff on there in summer (bubbles not so great in winter!.... also i now have to be careful as photos etc go strate in his mouth   :roll: ) RE reading it as well as going to my mums and babies group has prompted me to dig out the wooden spoons etc... he seems to like eating different household objects andchewing muslin squeres!!... ive also started giving him some time on floor alone, some time with me, some sitting games etc and that seems to amuse him! He still gets a board look sometimes but nevermind!  :wink:
Alison