Author Topic: 16 week sleep schedule  (Read 1113 times)

Offline sunshine88

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2005, 17:45:07 pm »
I'm wondering how my baby should be sleeping now.  I haven't messed much with naps and stuff because she has been pretty much sleeping through the night since week 6.
However, I think we have a couple of issues to work on now.  Firstly, she doesn't go down for the night until about 10pm.  Second issue is that pretty much since she started sleeping through the night, her naps have gone down to 45 minutes.
So our average sleep schedule in a 24 hr period is this:

Wake up around 8:30am.  Throughout the day she is up for 2 hrs and sleeps for 45 minutes.  She usually has her last nap between 7-8pm and then is up again until she goes down for the night at 10pm.  She wakes once to feed anywhere between 4am - 6:30am and then sleeps in until about 8:30am.

I tend to nurse her to sleep or use the soother.  I can put her down sleepy and she'll go to sleep on her own.  She wakes up after naps happy and babbles away until I go get her.  She does not seem tired at all in the day.  When she starts getting a little fussy I know she's sleepy and that's when I put her back down.

So, is this a problem or not??  I have a 3 year old so I find it really hard to get anything done in the day with these short naps.  I also know that when my son was a baby, he was going down at about 7:30pm for the night at this age. 

Any suggestions on getting her to bed earlier and lengthening naps.  Or should I not mess with things??
Joshua born Nov.19, 2002
Jorja born August 9, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
16 week sleep schedule
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 18:34:47 pm »
if she's waking happy, you might not have a problem.  that bedtime would be way too late for me, but if you don't mind, i wouldn't worry.

if it is too late, you can start to put her down 15 minutes earlier for a few nights.  she'll probably wake slightly earlier in the morning as a result.  you can repeat that till you have bedtime & wake up time where you want them.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy