Author Topic: Won't go down for nap  (Read 1035 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2005, 18:30:19 pm »
Hello,

My daughter is 8 weeks old and won't go down in her crib for naps.  She was diagnosed with reflux and at night we have her in her car seat and she sleeps about 6-8 hours and then will go down one more time in the morning for about 3-4 hours but then she only cat naps the rest of the day until bedtime.  I think I need to be more on the E.A.S.Y. program.  I am following it a little but not constently.  It is hard to stay on it when you have a 3 year old that needs to go to preschool and be picked up from preschool.  Any advice on how to get my daughter to sleep in her crib.  Thanks.
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Won't go down for nap
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 05:00:34 am »
Quote (selected)
I think I need to be more on the E.A.S.Y. program. I am following it a little but not constently. It is hard to stay on it when you have a 3 year old that needs to go to preschool and be picked up from preschool. Any advice on how to get my daughter to sleep in her crib.

I don't have 2 (yet, thankgoodness  :wink: ) so i can only empathize how difficult the strugle must be w/ keeping them both on the straight and narrow  :wink: .

Have you looked at our reflux forum, several moms from over there who have said you don't need to have them sleep in the car seat and it is a great resource.

I seem to recall that Tracy's addresses how to get them sleep in their crib in her new book.  But like anything, you will need to be consistent w/ any approach you try or it isn't likely that it will work.  Keep in mind that your baby will fight you. he will also regress. both are normal - it will take time for him to learn the new way to sleep.