Author Topic: need a 4 hour routine  (Read 901 times)

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
need a 4 hour routine
« on: November 28, 2005, 19:42:28 pm »
:?:
hi there
I just put my son logan on easy, we were already doing it kindoff instintctually but not as structured.  Logan was a very hard to handle baby from 10 days up until about 3 weeks ago.  We think it was colic or reflux, but he was gaining weight very very well so usualluy this isn't reflux.....he was 3 months on the 25th of Nov and we just weighed him today and he is 16 pounds already......as i said.....growing very well.  I'm having issues with the typical short nap but not all the time.....I tried the pu/pd method today and the shush pat......he cried the whole time and did not settle...he was dry, I sucked some boogers out that were congesting him and I couldn't think of what else would be bothering him....he was farting a little.  So finally it was time to eat again....I have him on a 3 hour easy....well I took him out and wondered the whole time was he hungry......he had only had 4.5oz at the previous feed.  So this time I thought he would down it and have even more which he does do.  He only had 4 ozs this time.........so here's what I'm wondering....because of his size should he be on a 4 hour routine??  He's doing well at night has his bath around 7 and then something to eat if he'll take it and then he sleeps for about 9 - 10.5 hours.

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
need a 4 hour routine
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 20:34:30 pm »
Here are some signs of needing to transition:   :D
1. Not taking as much at a feed (baby not as hungry at 3 hours)
2. Erratic Night Wakings
3. They are extending their awake times
4. Starts taking 45 minute naps

It sounds like he may be ready for one.  Sometimes botttlefed babies can go to a four hour routine sooner than recommended.  You may want to try a 3.5 hour at first and see how that goes.  :D   And as I mentioned in other posts, be ready to tweak, tweak, tweak  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom