Author Topic: Fussing and crying at the breast  (Read 1129 times)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 28, 2005, 19:53:33 pm »
Today I tired to get my lo who is 10 week old to breast feed on the 3 hour easy plan. Anyway she has been really fussy at the breat a couple of times, crying and shouting at it. I tried to swich sides and still no joy. why is she doing this?   
The other question is, do I have to feed her the second I wake her from her nap. She aint the kind of child who at moment has a problem with the 45min nap thing. (she loves her sleep).
Anyway I hope someone can advise
dianne
Sophie 2.5yrs :D
Felicity. :D

Offline Angel Face

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Fussing and crying at the breast
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 00:24:14 am »
My DD does the same thing. If I try to feed her and she isn't ready or isn't hungry I hear about it! She screams like she has been violated! So if that happens I sit her up and wait 20-30 min. If she acts hungry sooner then I will feed her and she will often take it. Also, I watch my DD and as soon as she starts to wake up I feed her before she totally wakes up. Because of her screaming at the breast I found that if she is still half asleep she eats better. Also, she might be interested in other things going on around her and want to check those things out instead of eating. So I also make sure I am in a quiet room and my DD#1 isn't in the room. DD#2 always wants to watch her and if I try to feed her and she wants to watch DD #1 she is mad at me!
Just some ideas!
You don't have to feed DD right when she wakes up. The point of the EASY is to make sure you aren't feeding them right before they go to sleep. And eating is an activity!!
Rebecca
Mother to Madison Lyn & Justine Anna
DD#1: May 20, 2003
DD#2: August 3, 2005

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,..." Psalm 127:3