Author Topic: Plan of attack?  (Read 863 times)

Offline SunnyCA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2005, 21:07:12 pm »
I've been doing EASY pretty loosely since my daughter was about 3 wks. old. She is now 11 wks. old and has recently started napping only 45 min. at a time. She has also recently started BF every 2.5 hours instead of every 3, and now I'm wondering if it's because she's getting less sleep, making her cycles start again sooner. Usually to put her to sleep, we swaddle her, hold her, and shhhh her until she's asleep. I'd like to start putting her in her crib when she's not totally asleep. Also, she wakes up in the night more than I would like. She used to wake up only once, at around 3:00, and do a full BF session, but now she's up almost hourly between 2 and 6, when DH gets up with her. In what order should I tackle these problems?

I was thinking about working on extending her naps first, hoping that that would push her BF a little later, simply because she'd be sleeping longer. Then once she was getting good long naps during the day, and is well-rested, tackle putting her in her crib to go to sleep. Then, maybe once her days were more settled, maybe she'd go back to how well she was sleeping at night. Or not. She is a textbook/spirited LO - definitely with a mind of her own!

So does that order sound okay, or should I be working on everything at once, or on these things in a different order?

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
Plan of attack?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 00:13:08 am »
It sounds like you have a good plan of attack.  I'd go one nap at a time though.  Start with the first nap (always the easiest to fix).  Also, you're about due for the growth spurt, so she may be trying to increase your supply.  The other mommies know more about that than I.  Good luck and don't stress.

Crystal