Author Topic: Expressing milk.  (Read 990 times)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 28, 2005, 22:49:51 pm »
Evening all. My question is:
In the mornings I am breastfeeding my 10 wk old daughter after a night of her sleeping through till around 5.30am. BOTH breasts feel engored . I feed from one side (right)  but the other (left) is still full. Now I would like to express some milk on a daily basis for my dh to give to dd either for the 6.30 feed or the 11pm feed. Do I express from the (left) engored breast and have lo feed on the Right at the 8.30am feed, and continue on  from there? :?
Advice would be appreciated
dianne
sophie 2.5yrs
Felicity 10 weeks

Offline Chantel03

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 25
Expressing milk.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 05:44:01 am »
If you are feeding her from just one side at that feed then you can go ahead, and pump the other side.  you can pump one side while she feed's.  Also if she doesnt totally empty the side she feed's from then you can also go ahead and pump what ever's left. HTH...
Tanner- My active, fun loving 4yr old.
Kaitlyn- My new baby girl.

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Expressing milk.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 20:08:09 pm »
In the grand scheme of things, it probably won't matter too much. I would probably pump the left and then feed again on the left at 8:30. It may take a couple days for your body to adjust to the new schedule and the engorgement from overnight will be less.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies