Author Topic: Dream Feed help  (Read 1070 times)

Offline BShaha

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 29, 2005, 04:10:01 am »
I am on baby #2, and you would think I was starting all over again.
For the first, not only did I read a lot more, but I felt much more prepared.  And, #2 is a little more of a challenge, too - so I am feeling like I need some insight.

My question is  - at what age do you start the dream feed?
If I put my baby down between 8-9, I feel like I need to go to bed right away so I can also get the sleep. But, I feel like that is also the only time I get to do some things, so I want to wait to go to bed.  But, if I go to bed around 10 or 11:00, I want to do the dream feed to see if I can stretch it out til the next feeding...but I wasn't sure if I am starting to early with this.  My newest is only 8 weeks, so it may be?  Any words of wisdom?
Thanks

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Dream Feed help
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 19:41:51 pm »
I know how you feel about baby #2.  I feel I am asking a ton more questions this time around.  We started the dream feed very early on, so I would encourage you to go ahead and give it a try.  What time is your baby waking for a feed after bedtime?  Perhaps trying an hour before that time for the dream feed.  And you could always go to sleep and set an alarm to wake you up for the dream feed.  Hope this helps.
~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline BShaha

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 20:41:38 pm »
She goes to bed between 8-9. So, I dream feed between 10:30-11:30.
However, she then wakes up just about every 3 hours to eat after that.  Where before the DF, she was going longer in between.  I have only done the DF for 3 nights, so maybe after a few more days, she will start to get used to it and sleep longer intervals between feedings?