Author Topic: Teething  (Read 1004 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Teething
« on: November 29, 2005, 14:38:28 pm »
I don't know to post this, but I will post it here.

How long does teething go on for, before they cut their first tooth?

My DD constantly chews on everything, grinds her jaws, refusing to take much milk, as I think this teething is hurting her, and she keeps arching her back as if she has got wind (she only has a little though). 

But the weird thing is she hasn't got red cheeks, only when she gets up, her gums don't look red or swollen.

Confused mum.   :?
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Teething
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 15:31:27 pm »
PS.

Is poohing alot common amongst babies who teeth.  She is a once a day gal, but today 4 so far....  :shock:

She seems alright in herself, so I don't think she is ill.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

mommasboys

Teething
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 15:36:50 pm »
My lo was 10 months old when his first tooth finally came through. He was about  4 months old when he started teething.

And he did have alot more stinky diapers a day while he was working on that first one.  It hasn't been that bad with the others.

Offline maggieruth

• Showing Appreciation 251
Teething
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 15:42:17 pm »
i am not much help here as i am going through the same thing!! since he was 7 weeks old my ds has increased his drooling and hand chewing (well, gumming!) every week... we used to think that teeth were any day now but now i wonder if he will hold out forever (fine with me, we are bfing!)  i can't say about poos because now Ethan is eating some solids!  i have also heard that a temperature and rash can be teething signs (we now have rash too!!)
good luck with your lo!

Offline rebecca-isabella mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Teething
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:57:52 am »
Hi

I thought my LO was teething from about 3mths she had all the signs red cheeks dribbling etc, etc but nothing ever came of it.

But two weeks ago we had two bottom teeth come through at the same time it was a complete shock because there were no really sign this time apart from she seemed more tired than usual.
The point is that i dont think there are any specific time scales as to when they come through i think the red cheeks and the dribbling and other signs are just ways of getting themselves prepared for when it does happen if that makes sense??  :?

Good luck!!  :D
Rebeccaxx

Mummy to Isabella Grace 22.05.05
Very very spirited/textbook