Author Topic: Insensitive and Ill-informed Remarks  (Read 3194 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Insensitive and Ill-informed Remarks
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 16:47:40 pm »
I can't believe it !!!!!!!!

Oh how I would have loved to bf my DD, but I couldn't, my nipple was to big, her mouth was too small for it as she was a premmie.

How did your MIL think they fed the babies before bottles were around.  Her grandmother or great grandmother or even going back to cavemen times. 

That makes me so mad  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Bfing babies makes you bond and the closeness of mother and baby.

She is talking out of her backside.

I am so sorry, but it does make me so cross.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Insensitive and Ill-informed Remarks
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 18:42:34 pm »
Quote from: rebecaq
That it was because of mommies like me that men were obssessed with womens breast!!!

That's interesting, because I've never heard of a lactating stripper or a peep show where the woman was nursing a child.  I've never heard of a man get horny by seeing a mother nurse her child (hey, I'm sure it happens but it's definitely in the extreme minority as far as fetishes go).  If anything, it's attitudes like this woman's, which takes the evolutionary reason for even having breasts and turns it into something sexual.  Women have a choice in nursing or not nursing their young - and either choice should be respected by both sides.  This woman needs a biology lesson!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

I feel bad that you had to experience that (even more so that you were left speechless and weren't able to 'defend' what you were doing).
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna