Author Topic: teething and BF  (Read 831 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
teething and BF
« on: November 29, 2005, 16:41:29 pm »
I think my lo is teething. not quite sure but I think so.
Anyway, when they go through the nursing strike because of teething should you feed them more often?
He has been ot wanting to eat for very long and i think it is due to teething.  I heard that they go through nursing strikes because of it hurting their teeth.  So this is just my question.  Should I feed more often.
He usually will not let me know when he is hungry but when I do feed him he is hungry or very very hungry but rarely does he let me know when he is hungry.  This is why I am aksing.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
teething and BF
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 20:04:45 pm »
During a nursing strike, you do not need to feed more often. Do your best to get him to eat at normal times. He will eat more when he is feeling better.

If he is not producing at least 5 wet diapers per day, you need to call your doctor and take him in. He could be getting a virus or an ear infection.

You can also try a little Motrin or Tylenol, dosage as suggested by your doctor, 10 min or so before a feeding, he may eat a little better if it is teething.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies