Author Topic: Solids and naps  (Read 1278 times)

Offline debbieforbeck

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Solids and naps
« on: November 29, 2005, 17:22:09 pm »
I just started to give my little one solids.  I am following Tracy's book and giving them 2 hours later after her morning and late morning feeds.  So, the solids are at approximately 9:00am and 1:00pm.  I top her off with a little bit of breast as advised.  I try to burp her and change her diaper.  But by the time I am at the diaper change, she is so cranky- basically complaining that she wants to go straight to sleep already.  So, she is napping 9-11 and 1-3.  Which is great!  I think...   :?  Should I be keeping her up longer to stretch her out?  I thought it wasn't good to feed them and then put them to sleep straight away, or does her diaper change count?

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Solids and naps
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 06:41:13 am »
I found when solids were introduced, they really become a part of Activity time.  My dd often feeds not long before napping, I think the main thing is really related to feeding to sleep.  Here's how our day looks with solids in there, I don't wait 2hrs, but offer after 1hr.  she's 8mths old and this has how it's looked for the last month.

6.30-7am wake and breastfeed
7.30-8.30am breakfast (when I get the chance to feed her really with the morning being so busy)
9am nap (1hr)
11am breastfeed
12pm lunch
12.30-2.30pm nap
3pm breastfeed
5-5.30pm dinner
7pm breastfeed and bed

Since you're finding she's too tired and you're feeding quite close to nap time, I'd just bring the meal in by an hour, it's not really a set rule, just see what works best for your lo.

HTH :)