Author Topic: Advice Needed!! 27month sleep issues  (Read 853 times)

Offline Rebekahb

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Advice Needed!! 27month sleep issues
« on: November 29, 2005, 19:24:55 pm »
HI, my DS is just over 27months and always has been a great sleeper. No issues with independent sleep, staying asleep, etc. The past three months nights have been awful. At the beginning of September DS got an ear infection and was up frequently in the night so we would lie on his bed or sit by the door until he fell asleep. He also has been getting his last molars and now 3/4 of them are through but he is still waking all night sometimes for up to three hours. I still go and lie in his bed but often he lies there wide awake for 1-2hours falls asleep and then wakes up again a while later. I have tried sitting by the door but again would sit there up to an hour in the night before he would go back to sleep. He also has been starting to wake earlier and earlier now around6:30 instead of 8:00am and only naps 1 - 1.5hours in the early afternoon. Any advice or suggestions. He is in a bed since he was 16months due to the fact that we also have a 6month and had no issues with the bed until 3months ago. PLEASE help!!!
Rebekah

Mom to:
Nathan Alexander Sean - August 25, 2003
Michael Samuel John - May 22, 2005
Teyah Faith Marie - December 5, 2011

Offline suemcp

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Advice Needed!! 27month sleep issues
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:39:52 pm »
Hi

Well, we're having a few issues again. DS is  younger - only 22 months, but after a dreadful illness we're back (tonight) to trying pu/pd - well, more pd as he simply wails while sitting up. Last night was awful.

I think we're going to try moving a chair away from the bed bit by bit. So, I can't offer  advice but know you're not alone.

I will say one thing, though: naps. DS's nap is being pushed later and later and, as such, he isn't tired at bedtime. Over the last few days we have only let him have 45 mins sleep - he has woken up fine, btw, not cranky. This has really helped him - he isn't exhausted at night, but not wired, either.  We had one dya with no nap but it was too much for him.

Could the length of nap be contributing? My friedns with kids around 26/27 months are dropping their naps bit by bit?

Let me know how you get on if possible - and anyone who can help with a new sleep problem like my own.

Sue
I am a 36 year old first time mum and in spite of devouring Tracy Hogg's work, still fluffled (and fluffing) on routines and EASY. DS, Dylan Joe, nearly 6 months (born 07.01.04) and gorgeous, of course. A spirited baby!