Author Topic: when did your LO's stop napping??  (Read 967 times)

Offline Rebekahb

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
when did your LO's stop napping??
« on: November 29, 2005, 19:27:10 pm »
Just wondering when your LO's stopped napping my 27month old has been having night issues and wondering if no nap might help. He usually naps around 1 - 1.5hours so when did your LO's stop napping and if they nap how long id there nap and how many hours of night sleep do they get??
Rebekah

Mom to:
Nathan Alexander Sean - August 25, 2003
Michael Samuel John - May 22, 2005
Teyah Faith Marie - December 5, 2011

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 06:33:39 am »
Well my 30mth old seems to be in the process of dropping his day nap which can be 1.5-2hrs long (seems every 2nd day he's choosing to not nap).  ATM, he's only getting 10.5-11hrs overnight sleep and even on the days he's not napping night sleep is not extended.  :roll:   Suppose it could change if we stuck with it for a week or so of no naps, but honestly he's very tired for a nap - so I then end up with an overtired cranky child who does still need the sleep.  A bit of a viscious cycle.  Sorry, that's no help to you though.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:47:29 am »
My 29 month old is in the same place as Nathan - over the last 3 weeks she has suddenly started dropping her nap every so often (currently 1.5 - 3hrs depending on her day's activities/health/mood, etc)  - she also says "no" to her nap more often, but i can tell she needs it and always put her down and hope for the best.  she  has been a big sleeper since birth and i thought she was going to be one of those 4 year olds who still naps so this is throwing me for a loop.  i figure i offer the nap every day and if afetr an hour or so she is still up i will get her up...at least she has "down time" during this transition (which i think will be a long process rather than overnight dropping the nap)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified