Author Topic: Number of feeds for 4 1/2 month old  (Read 1072 times)

2girls

Number of feeds for 4 1/2 month old
« on: November 29, 2005, 19:50:24 pm »
Hi there - just wondering how many feeds if appropriate for a 4 1/2 month old.  She is currently getting 6 plus a dream feed which she doesn't take much.  She was waking up about 5 hours after dream feed but last night I got her to go back to sleep with a nuk til 7 hours after dream feed.  Shouldn't she be able to go at least 8 hours at night without eating.  Her weight gain has been great so I know she is getting plenty.  Thanks

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 20:11:07 pm »
I think 6 day feeds plus a dream feed sounds ok. Some babies just can't sleep through. Mine did and then he stopped around 5 months old and needed 2 night feeds. That was just him. He outgrew it.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 02:03:46 am »
My son wakes twice a night and he's 4 months old.  He also feeds anywhere from 5-8 times a day. 

Some say they should be eating less at night.  I would be interested to see what others post.

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

annamum

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:37:11 am »
Some say babies of certain age should be sleeping through the night. Some babies just don't listen to what people say :lol:. I remember I was quite disappointed because my dd didn't till she was over a year old. That happens. Some babies are good sleepers and some terrible. Mine belongs to the second cathegory :cry:. There were good nights and bad nights. She improved her sleep between 4 and 6 months where she started waking once around 4 am and at 6 months she started waking up every hour because she learnt to roll over but couldn't roll to her back. this took 3 weeks for us to get better. Then again, she was teething and so on.

Babies at first wake up at night for food, then because of other things going on in their lives like teething, learning to sit or walk or TALK :roll:.