Author Topic: Do you wake your DC to feed if it's been 3 hours?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline LexyLou

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Do you wake your DC to feed if it's been 3 hours?
« on: November 29, 2005, 21:44:01 pm »
It just took me hours to get DD down for a nap. I had her in the Bjorn but every time I tried to take her out (after 30-40 mins in it and her dead asleep) she would wake up and scream. I finally got her to fall asleep with white noise in her crib but now it's almost 3 hours since she last ate. Should I wake her to keep her on a schedule or let her sleep since she's so hard to get down to nap?

BTW, she has colic and is a very high needs baby.

stasztk

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 17:43:59 pm »
How old is she?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 20:11:25 pm »
I would tweak EASY at this point and let her go 4 hours in between...she may wake up on her own to feed before that point too  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 03:07:51 am »
I totally agree with Noelle.  My pediatrician told me not to ever wake up my baby to feed him.  When he's hungry, he'll let us know (and boy does he! :shock: ).  We were on a 4 hour easy very early on (by 2 months old) because that is what HE wanted.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Sleepy , not hungry baby, and poss 4 hr routine
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 14:56:16 pm »
Here is my question. My dd felicity, is 10 wks old and LOVES her sleep during the day and only wakes once at night!. The only thing is I have to wake her from every naps!!! She does not seem that hugry when I wake her. Usually she is awake, I bf her she goes down within a space of an hour. Sometimes it takes a while to settle, othe times it dont take so long. (depends on whether 2yr old is co-operating and whether I have missed sleepy que). Felicity is a child that seems happy to go the distance. now my question is do I put her on a 3.5/ 4hr routine in the hope she wakes herself from her naps ready to feed.
dianne

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Sleepy , not hungry baby, and poss 4 hr routine
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 15:08:39 pm »
Quote from: dd2flick
Felicity is a child that seems happy to go the distance. now my question is do I put her on a 3.5/ 4hr routine in the hope she wakes herself from her naps ready to feed.

This sounds like Zoe too, though after 2 weeks she was on straight formula.  I think it is perfectly ok to let her go 3.5-4 hrs.  Don't be surprised if you still have to wake her - I did with Zoe.  I do recommend waking her at the 4 hour mark though for the sake of EASY and since she's is a bit young yet  :D  :wink:
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 17:41:13 pm »
I would definitely go for the 4 hour EASY.  She'll even herself out eventually.  At some point her little internal clock will start ticking  :wink:

Ask your pediatrician about waking her up.  I am just curious to know what he/she says.  Mine is of the opinion that as long as the lo is gaining weight, then don't be too concerned.  There are times when Luke goes 5 hours b/c he's sleeping (like during a growth spurt).  I didn't see how old your dd is, but if she is so little then waking her up might help reinforce daytime vs. night time.  The best advice I can give is to do what works for YOU and what makes your baby happy.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08