Author Topic: Too many bananas?  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Too many bananas?
« on: November 29, 2005, 21:52:29 pm »
We are letting dd try many of the first foods...and I am trying to keep giving them to her. But she always likes bananas so I will give her a little in her barley or rice. Should I not give her bananas every meal (2 per day) DD is 6.5 months and eats 2 times a day with mixed success.

mommytsa

Too many bananas?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:52:04 am »
I give DS bananas at least once a day too, as they are a pretty big hit.  Pears are my other alternate.  So I'm in the same boat. 
I'm not really worried about it though.  Mostly I mix it with his cereal, and frankly, I've tasted that stuff, and I know I sure wouldn't eat it unless it was mixed with a fruit I like.  I just try to give him a variety of other foods too.  Like he might have bananas and oatmeal for breakfast, but then for his second meal, he'll get potatoes and peas or yams and carrots and maybe a little bit of pears mixed with rice cereal if he's still acting hungry after he's eaten the other veggies.
I'm not much help, I know, but you're not the only one relying on one or two things that LO eats consistently.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Too many bananas?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 02:16:35 am »
The only thing I would say is bananas tend to constipate, so if she is struggling with bowel movements then I'd stop.
But Bananas & pears are actually the 2 fruits recommended by gastro surgeons after major stomach surgery as they are the least upsetting to the body & food closest to nature has to be best (IMO).
I have only offered Liam pears + rice cereal & bananas, he gets them mushed by my fingers when I give Aiden a snack when we are out :lol:
I have yet to introduce a veg & after talking to my wonderful baby nurse I'm doing what she said "Kate you are a sensible person do what you feel is right & works for you" - this was after I said I was doing pears then pears + rice cereal as Liam is a weekly pooper & Aiden got consitipated from the rice cereal, so I didn't want to repeat that.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05