Author Topic: back to sleeep  (Read 820 times)

Offline kashb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 29, 2005, 22:12:10 pm »
Hi
There are probably answers to this question but I am not sure where to find them....
My baby Betty is 10 days old - we are trying really hard to get her on to EASY but in the evenings in particular it can take us up to an hour and a half to get her back off to sleep completely throwing the three hour thing as it is practically time to get her back up by the time we have got her to sleep (if that makes sense......any suggestions?

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
back to sleeep
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 23:38:59 pm »
Congratulations on Betty!  what a cute name :)
Since dd is still so tiny it can take a few weeks before you start to get into a flow of things, ESPECIALLY in the evenings!  I know it took us quite a while to get Taylor to bed in the evenings. 

Are you bf or bottle feeding?
Also, what is your pediatrician's advice/instructions for waking up Betty at night for a feed?  Some say to let them go as long a stretch as tehy can at night after a couple of weeks, some say to wake them up, especially if you are breast feeding.

You will find a lot of support here so welcome.  For now relax as much as you can and rest as much as you can and don't stress about the "routine" as much for another week or so.  That is the best advice I can give.

HTH and please let me know what other questions you have.

Andrea
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07