Author Topic: help with routine  (Read 887 times)

Offline 1sttime

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 29, 2005, 22:16:55 pm »
Hi everyone, I have been doing easy since around 2weeks. Naps were such a disaster that I focused on that and wasn't strict on what time he ate or on trying to get more sleep at night. We've finally got the naps under control (I think), he's 7weeks old and I'd like to try to work him toward sleeping more at night. My question is should I wake him up in the evenings to cluster feed and dream feed. Right now our routine fluctuates about 1 hour, but is usually eat 3pm, 5:30, 8-8:30 then sleeps for 4 hours. Eats 12-12:30, 3:00, 6am. In the past I've tried waking him at 11 for df, but then he wakes up 2 hours later to eat and I never get a 4 hour stretch. Should I just leave well enough alone and hope he stretches at night by himself or work harder on the cluster and df?  sorry so long.
jamie

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
help with routine
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 20:23:04 pm »
It sounds like you are doing well on the clusterfeeding.  Have you tried the dreamfeed earlier at all?   Tracy also mentioned that if one of them wasn't going very well (the clusterfeed or dreamfeed) to concentrate on one or the other.  He is still pretty little though and don't think that 2 night wakings is unusual.  I am thinking the 6am is when he's ready to wake?  That was always wake-up time for both my kiddos when they were newborns.   You could also try using a pacifier for nightwakings.  If he goes back to sleep, he may just have woken wanting to suck.  If he doesn't settle, he is most likely hungry.  HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom