Author Topic: Teething Symptoms  (Read 1626 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Teething Symptoms
« on: November 30, 2005, 03:17:46 am »
I think DD may be teething but I'm really not sure.  She's just been so fussy during the day, nothing keeps her happy for too long.  She is also extra tired, though not sleeping more than usual.  She's been eating ok.  Not drooling excessively but she's chewing on hard stuff a lot.  She will chew on the chew toys but then they seem to not do what she wants them to do for her and she gets upset.  Could this be teething?  I feel no bumps, but I kind of wish it was teething because then I know I'll have my normal baby back.  Otherwise, I have no idea what's wrong.

Offline CharlotteS

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Love my little FL man!
Teething Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:56:25 am »
Hi!

First, HUGS to you!  What a major milestone your DD is going through!

IMHO, it does sound like your DD is going through some teething symptoms.  However, when DS was going through all of those symptoms, he had them for about two months before a tooth finally erupted.   It takes some DC even longer to get their first teeth!  :shock:

FYI: About a week before he got his teeth, his ears started hurting.  He would scream and pull on his ears.  (W/o a temp.) So, after talking to the ped. nurse, I bought him some ear numbing drops.  They worked great for DS!  Also, I found that when I used a gum-numbing medicine (like Orajel), I had to dry off the gums with a cloth first.  Otherwise, the med. would just wash away with all that extra drool.

HTH!

Hugs, Charlotte
Charlotte
Mama to spirited angel Josiah
May 8, 2005

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • And now there are two...
Teething Symptoms
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:02:34 am »
Hi Cwolf, I just posted in the cring section as my daughter is doing the exact same thing,always looking tired whining etc I thought i may have been eeth as it looks like little white blisters on her bottom gums, I too miss my smiling dd I havent seen a smile for a while :cry:

Offline RyansMum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Teething Symptoms
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:14:16 am »
My LO is a serious drooler and everything has to go in his mouth, mainly my fingers!!  The last couple of days though he has been filling his nappy around 4 - 5 times whereas before he was once or twice a day.  Could this be a symptom of teething as I have heard it can affect the bottom but it does not seem to be any different just more of it! lol!

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Teething Symptoms
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 18:32:22 pm »
It seems like your babies are actually having more true teething symptoms than mine.  I have heard that teething can be preceeded by stinking, frequent diapers and also diaper rash.  My mom told me that my brother would always get a really bad diaper rash before a tooth.  With my DD though, everything seems the same except for the fussiness, weird chewing and tiredness.  I can't feel any buds, and she's not running a temp.  It totally stinks though that teething symptoms can go on for months without a tooth!  What a rotten way to spend your first year huh?

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:57:23 pm »
other than the chewing and fussiness, one sign for us is bright red cheeks.