Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a good bottle in Canada?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline B1PZNT49

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can anyone recommend a good bottle in Canada?
« on: November 30, 2005, 14:19:23 pm »
can anyone recommend a good bottle that can be purchased in Canada..
my 7 week old daughter is very very difficult to burp..so her feedings which are every 3 hours take at least an hour by the time we get burps..
i have tried the Dr. Brown's but it still takes some time...

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 15:28:25 pm »
I use the platex advanced disposables. When you take out all the air they get very little gas, and its natural latch as well.
Kimberly

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 16:59:53 pm »
Don't know if you can get them in Canada, but we use Playtex Disposables as well. The ones with the drop-in flexible liners.  You can squeeze out the air before baby eats and the lines actually collapse as they drink the formula out of them.  Can't say no air gets into baby, but less than others in my humble opinion.

We tried the Avent bottles with our LO and she had terrible gas.  We were very diligent in burping her, but just couldn't get anything out.  It was so bad that we tried the Playtex system and within 2 days had replaced all of our Avent bottles with the Playtex bottles/liners.  Our LO still gets some air, but nothing like what she was getting with the Avent bottles.

Having said this, all babies are different - this is just what works for us!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt