Author Topic: Should we continue dream feeds?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Should we continue dream feeds?
« on: November 30, 2005, 17:46:32 pm »
DD's new thing is putting herself to sleep about 6:30- 7:00 in the evenings.  We have tried df at 10:00-11:00.  She will usually take 3-5 oz then.  Does 5-7 oz when awake, slightly less at daycare.  She generally wakes up at 2:30-3:00 to eat. Takes 5-6 oz then.  She does this whether we df or not.  She has only slept through once so far.  She refuses to increase her daytime intake, with the reflux, I'm ok with that.  Should we keep up the df and hope that someday it will do what it's meant to do?  Or drop it?
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Should we continue dream feeds?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 19:40:36 pm »
If she wakes only once between 2:30-3:00 even when you don't do the df, I would probably drop it.  You may see she will increase her daily intake by maybe an ounce or two throughout the day.  The DF is something you eventually want to wean, and this way it will already be done  :wink:  If she starts waking more at night, I would start doing the df again.  HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom