Author Topic: WHAT IS HAPPENING???  (Read 1041 times)

Offline hlc662

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 30, 2005, 18:11:14 pm »
I have a 6 month old.  We started BW about a month ago and it worked great.  She started sleeping about 11 hours at night.  Her naps never got longer than 45 minutes.  I tried everything.  We just adjusted her schedule and put an extra nap in there when she needed it. 
We just returned from out of town for a week and she is going nuts.  She will not nap, and when she does it is only for 30 minutes.  She is tired and cranky.  She is starting to wake up really early, even though her bedtime is later.  I think she is overtired and cannot catch up.  What do I do?  We also have started solids and I think they might be making her tummy hurt a little.  Will this go away once her body is used to them?  She has also been teething.  One tooth has come through, and I wonder if the other one is on the way.  Could she be going through her six month growth spurt?  Does that cause bad sleeping habits? 
Sorry for all of the questions!!

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
WHAT IS HAPPENING???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 18:29:19 pm »
I only have a quick sec but yes, ALL those things can cause sleep to go out the window. 6month growth spurt, vacation, solids and teeth. We always have night wakings when dd cuts teeth for example. The best thing to do is stay consistent and it will get back on track. Just try not to accidental parent and ride it out. We also find, as contradictory as it sounds, a later bedtime means an earlier wake time... must run I hope this helped a bit... :?  :)

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline hlc662

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 21:39:19 pm »
I guess it is just luck that they all occured at the same time!  :wink:
Her afternoon nap, she woke after 40 minutes then screamed a bit, but I got her back to sleep.  It has been almost an hour!  I think sometimes she has bad dreams because she wakes up screaming!  It is so sad. 

Thanks for the help.  Hopefully things will get back on track soon.

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
WHAT IS HAPPENING???
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 23:39:39 pm »
Quote (selected)
We also find, as contradictory as it sounds, a later bedtime means an earlier wake time

I agree totally w/ Sharron - when my lo's schedule went nuts at the time change this is what worked for us plus consistency!