Author Topic: Growth Spurts?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline mom-to-4!

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My sweet children!
« on: December 01, 2005, 01:33:30 am »
Just wondering if anyone can tell approx. when to expect growth spurts to occur.  My 2 week old dd was eating every 4 hours or so since coming home from the hospital, but since yesterday has gone anywhere between 2.5 hours to 4 hours between feeds, with most being 3 hours.  Just wondering if that's what is going on.  Thanks!

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Growth Spurts?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 01:37:48 am »
Growth spurts start at around 6 weeks and then happen about every 6 weeks after that.  Your dd is probably settling into a normal 3 hour routine.
Lisa

Offline Fife_Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Growth Spurts?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 20:13:30 pm »
Newborns do tend to be extra sleepy for the first couple of weeks. 2 to 2.5 or 3 hours is to be expected now, and he will hopefully settle into a 3 hour routine soon.

Growth spurts seem to vary quite widely depending on your baby. The best thing is to try to respond to your growing baby's needs whilst trying to maintain some structure to your/their day - which can be hard when you feel like you are feeding all day  :wink:

Vicky - Proud Mum to:
Fraser 29/03/2004,
Arwen 24/09/2005,
Sophie 20/11/2007

Offline mom-to-4!

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My sweet children!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:38:57 am »
Thanks so much for the input, ladies!  I feel lucky that she is eating and sleeping well, but I had gotten used to the 4 hour schedule, so moving to a 2.5 or 3 hour schedule is an adjustment for me, expecially at night! :wink: