Author Topic: can a 6 week growth spurt throw everything off?  (Read 998 times)

Offline B1PZNT49

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
can a 6 week growth spurt throw everything off?
« on: November 30, 2005, 23:25:32 pm »
My daughter will be 7 weeks on this coming Sunday so she turned 6 weeks last Sunday.  Ever since that 6 week mark exactly, she has gone from 4 hour feedings to 3 hour feedings and barely sleeping anymore...every time we lay her down after she's sound asleep, she is up within 10 minutes...she seems very fussy now for most of the day which she never was, and does not nap anymore..was doing a couple of hours in morning and couple in afternoon....
Is this normal or could this be her real personality????????????//

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:38:24 am »
It sounds as if she's overtired - at her age she should be sleeping approximately 15-17 hours per day.  Sleep begets sleep and, unfortunately, the opposite is also true.  The less she sleeps, the more tired she is, the harder it is for her to fall asleep.  It's a vicious cycle.

Have you checked out Tracy's sleep interview yet?  There is a lot of great information in there that should help you come up with a plan of how to get your baby to sleep again.

Oh, and to answer your original question, it's very possible for a growth spurt to throw everything off, even at that early age.

HTH!
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline B1PZNT49

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 19:30:11 pm »
thanks so much...makes sense..today has been a better day so far...i think somtimes she seems to sleep alot during day, so we wake her thinking, oh gosh she'll be up all night....
best to leave her be i guess....

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 20:10:50 pm »
As long as she doesn't sleep more than 3 hours at a time.  I'd say wake to feed her if she sleeps that long.  I'm glad to hear things are better today.  I hope it continues!   :D
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna