Author Topic: 6 mo good sleeper turned bad  (Read 1053 times)

Offline emilysmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 01, 2005, 00:28:48 am »
At 3 mo old. Emily was sleeping 7-5 with one waking, a quick pat back to sleep or "paci pop" she'd eat at 5 and go back to sleep until 6-7. She falls asleep on her own with no assistance for naps or bed time. At 5 mo she started waking earler, out of laziness I fed her, now we are back to a 3 am feeding. She is calmed by sh-pat, but once I stop, crying starts again. I mean CRYING! This can happen several times a night, but I am determinged to cut out b/f at night (as had happened at 3 mo). If I keep sh-patting will this be a habit as a form of going back to sleep? Do i keep sh-pat? Other ideas or encouragement as I am loosing my mind. I used to have the best sleeper, and now I dread going to bed.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
6 mo good sleeper turned bad
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 11:02:42 am »
I could have written your post for my ds... Its probably a combination of 6mo growth spurt, developmental & distracted day time feeding. I would keep feeding at night & at the same time work on getting better feeds in the day...I am cluster feeding in the early evening. It is very normal to have this sort of "ch" at this age. Just feed while the sucking is strong & then stop & settle her, so she just gets the minimum at night.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05