Author Topic: Evening feeds question  (Read 1331 times)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Evening feeds question
« on: November 29, 2005, 19:50:26 pm »
I think we have just completed a growth spurt.
Friday night our dd went to bed around 7 (I had fed her at 6).  I then dream fed her at 8:50.  My husband went in to dream feed at 11, but she wouldn't take anything.  He tried again at 11:30... nothing.  So we went to bed certain she would be up by 1:30.  She wasn't... she didn't peep until 5:30, which was awesome.  Well, that hasn't even come close to happening again.  Sunday she followed the same pattern, but was up at 1:30 (my dh got her back to sleep) and I fed her at 2:45.  Last night we moved the first dream feed back to 8 hoping that she would take the dream feed at 11... no luck, she took an ounce and was up at 1:30 (dh went in) and I fed her at 2:10 and then she was up again at 5.  So, my question is, should we eliminate the first dream feed so that she takes the second one fully?  I think we tried that before, but that's when the growth spurt started, so she needed that feed and took 2-4 oz at the second one.
Thanks for any advice... we are very tired (she is also only doing 45 min- 1 hour naps)
~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
Evening feeds question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 20:14:01 pm »
Try to rest during the day when she does sleep, even if you just lay down and close your eyes it helps. I used to go to bed when my dd did at night - at 8pm - and those extra hours helped.

You could try putting off that first dream feed until later, maybe 9 or 10. If you go to bed early, your dh can do this feed. Then if she wakes at 1 or 2, you've had 4-5 hrs of sleep.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Evening feeds question
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:20:18 am »
I would LOVE to rest during the day when my lo does, but I also have a 3.5 year old  to tend to as well.
Last night we tried moving the dream feed back.  I fed her at 6:30pm and my husband dream fed her at 10:45pm.  She then woke up several times 2:30-3:30 but my husband got her each time.  He didn't think she was hungry then and she finally slept unitl 4:30 when I did feed her.  So, we'll try the same thing tonight.  I fed her at 6:30 and we'll see how things go.  I would love to go to bed, but I will have to pump later so there's a dream feed tomorrow.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Evening feeds question
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 01:33:35 am »
Keep trying with the dream feed.  I think that you might find that it takes a few days to get used to it.  I always found that it worked best when there was a stretch between the last feed and the df.  ds started by intermittently sleeping for longer stretches and then waking again at 2.  Good work trying to hold her off.  Sending you sleep vibes :D
Lisa

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
Evening feeds question
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 01:48:09 am »
Quote from: CanadianMom
Sending you sleep vibes :D
Lisa

Ditto! It is always more complicated with a preschooler in tow!  :wink:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies