Author Topic: How to get the childminder to get him to sleep?  (Read 919 times)

Offline RebeccaH

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to get the childminder to get him to sleep?
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:07:02 pm »
My lo has a fantastic routine and is a pleasure to be around except when he gets overtired and needs a nap. I find that if I get the timing exactly right and put him down he will sleep no bother. However, I'm going back to work in a few weeks and so far whenever I've left him with someone else they have had massive problems getting him to sleep, he has then become quite hysterical and I've come back to a horrible scene. The solution so far has been to put him in his buggy for a long walk which is obviously fine for his grandad or auntie to do but unrealistic for a childminder who has other children too. I have tried explaining about sleep windows etc. to others but I think a lot of it is experience of watching him which they just don't have yet. Any suggestions? I'd like to try something now so that there is less stress in the new year. Thanks.

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
How to get the childminder to get him to sleep?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 13:28:59 pm »
Hi

I don't have any advice I'm afraid except maybe things will be easier with time as you LO gets a little older.  I just wanted to sympathise though as my DS is the same - a joy to be with unless he's tired and all hell breaks loose!  I've managed to get a bit of extra maternity leave partly because I was worried about the same thing as you.  I hope somebody here is able to offer you some advice.

Kelly x

Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)