Author Topic: Wake to sleep for 5 am waking?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline a_astorga

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Giorgio Barone 02/01/05
Wake to sleep for 5 am waking?
« on: December 01, 2005, 14:17:20 pm »
Hi,

My son is 10 months old and for the past forever he has been getting up at 5-5:30 am.

He goes to bed around 6:30-7 pm.
He usually wakes up at that time with a dirty diaper, he's not very hungry. I've tried changing the diaper and puttimg him down again but hasn't really worked. He just seems happy to wake up at that time. And after 30 mins. in his crib he starts to whine. So we start our day at about 6 am.

Could I do wake to sleep for this waking? My question is:
 Is he waking up and then craps cause he's already up or is the urge to crap waking him up?

So is wake to sleep an option here? Im tired of waking up so early. He also wakes up in the middle of the night once in a while and sometimes can put himself back to sleep, sometimes he can't and he needs a bottle. Also a lot of waking after I put him down. For example put him down at 7 pm, wakes up crying at 8 pm then at 9pm and usually stops.

Sometimes I have to go and soothe him with a bottle or just holding him. But this has been going on forever. When would it end? Why does he do it?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Wake to sleep for 5 am waking?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 03:45:14 am »
I would say the need to poop is waking him... you might need to play around with the solids he eats as something he eats late in the day could be causing the need to poop then. 5am ish is a difficult time & many babies wake up at that time (my 2yo has on off all his life), you could try wake to sleep... I never have as I just learnt to start my day early (my choice)
I think the early evening wakeups are due to being overtired at bed time... it is very common for a baby who has got overstimulated/over tired by bed time to wake up in the first 1-2 hours of the night... you either need a longer nap or an earlier bed time or quieter activity in the early evening... what ever works for you & your family.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05