Author Topic: Dreamfeed question - am I on the right board?!  (Read 1033 times)

Offline catty47

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Dreamfeed question - am I on the right board?!
« on: December 05, 2005, 22:09:45 pm »
Isla has recently started fully waking after her dreamfeed and being difficult to put down again afterwards.  She used to not wake at all, but take a good feed and then i was able to lift her back into her cot with no trouble.

Am I just disturbing her now?  Is she just trying to tell me to get lost?!

Also it's not going to be easy to gradually withdraw the dreamfeed, because she is breastfed, so can't really do it by amount, or even by minutes, because the 'sucking' intensity can vary, and there is stop/starting etc making it difficult to really gauge how much she is taking.

If I just stop doing it, should I feed her when she wakes in the night?  It will be the same fight, because she won't go back down again without a fight.   Or should I just go cold turkey and use PU/PD for the night wakings, making up the calories in the day?  I should add that we are doing PU/PD anyway - she is no great sleeper and we are dealing with night wakings in order to try and get her to sleep through. 

Part of me thinks I might as well just go for broke, but I don't really want her to be hungry...!  But then, it might confuse PU/PD if I then 'resort' to boob...

As you can see, I'm really in two minds about how to proceed - any advice would be useful!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Dreamfeed question - am I on the right board?!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 23:14:11 pm »
hi - i am moving this to the nightwakings board as that is your core issue - how to resettle or deal with waking from DF onwards.

it would probably help them to know your lo age and routine and such. good luck
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified