Author Topic: august 05 babies  (Read 1119 times)

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
august 05 babies
« on: December 01, 2005, 19:11:44 pm »
how long are your august o5 babies staying awake for during "A" time??? just curious,........mine seems sleepy too soon :?

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
august 05 babies
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 19:26:20 pm »
I keep DD (16 weeks today) up for at least 1:45, sometimes 2 hours. She usually is tired after 1.5 but if I let her go to sleep then, she'll do the 45 minute thing. Before bedtime (after catnap) she's generally awake for 2:15 or so. If weather permits, I try to take her outside to stretch her awake time without getting her too overstimulated.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline mrs_kat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
august 05 babies
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 20:28:09 pm »
Kenzie stays awake anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours.  Can I ask you ladies what your daily routines look like?  I'm trying to get an idea of how to shift to fewer naps - although if we could overcome the 45 minute nap thing consistently, I think it'd be easier for us to switch to the 4 hour easy.  Right now, that would mean having her awake for nearly 3 hours sometimes, and she's definitely not ready for that yet!
Baby Girl Kenzi - 8/12/05

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
wow
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 20:40:34 pm »
you guys have long "A" time....Logan only seems to stay awake for like 1 hour total that includes the feed.....as soon as I see the first yawn or eye rubbing he's out of the living area and up to his room....I can usually put him down on his own awake and he will fall asleep.....he often is awake and falls back asleep again several times during his sleep....especially the long one in the afternoon............do your babies do this.......aren't you afraid they will get overtired.........when do you see the overtiredness coming on....I never wait long enough!!! 

Our routine is a 3 hour...Logan is 13 weeks going into his 14th......
he is eating really weird right now........up once at night.....but I'm going to start the dream feed today.......taking in between 23-30ounces a day....I think the 30 he was "spurting"  he is a big baby weighing in at 16lbs already...using similac advance formula was breast fed for 3 months......swithching to nestle good start i think though....tend to have a longer afternoon nap and shorter second nap in the am. 

Hope this helps you see where others close in age are at

Sarah :D

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
august 05 babies
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 22:45:04 pm »
My lo tends to get up after I put him back down to kip at about 7, he then gets tired around 9 - 9.30, has a nap for half hour, stays awake until 12ish, has between half hour to hour then usually stays awake till 3.30 and sometimes again sleeps for half hour/hour (if an hour I have to wake him to feed at 4.30)  He then stays awake till bed time (wind down begins approx 6.45 he is getting grouchy by this time!)  I can tell he is sleepy by his rubbing of his eyes and also he begins a little cry.  He can be hard to put down for his naps but usually get him off to sleep within 10 minutes.