Author Topic: taking a long time to fall asleep.  (Read 907 times)

Offline Lilah's mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
taking a long time to fall asleep.
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:04:11 am »
Hi,
I need some advice my 7month old has become a terrible sleeper but i didnt really have a problem getting her to sleep its always been staying asleep the problem and she still doesnt sleep thru the night.
well this last week she is refusing to sleep screaming her little lungs out and arching her self and twisting stuff like that my problem is this it is now taking me over 1hour to get her to sleep i run on a very tight schedule with kindy and school so i really dont have room to play with. this week it has been taking me so long to settle her that we run out of time for a decent nap so i end up getting her up. i dont chat with her or give her luvs when i take her out of bed i basically put her on the floor to play until it is time to leave. should i keep persisting with her sleep even if it turns out to be for 10 -20 min nap?? she has gotten all out of whack this week and is sleeping in the car but not at home and our kindy / school trips take 40 -50 minutes so she is awake when we arrive home and not tired enough for a big nap??? i have had to resort to holding her down her on her side with the shush /pat i feel like i am being to hard on her but if she looks at me its time for fun and games.
oh and she is teething so has been a right brat last 2 weeks  & basically not interested in breast or bottle.
any adivce is greatly appreciated. :?

mother to anastasia 91/2

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
taking a long time to fall asleep.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 23:01:14 pm »
Poor lo!  There is a lot going on here.  How much is she sleeping during a typical day?  What is the daily routine?

I think a 10-20 min nap is better than none.  How long do you try to get her to sleep?  Do you have a wind-down routine?

Also, pat/shush won't work for a 7mo.  If you needed to sleep train her, you would have to do some pu/pd.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna