Author Topic: EASY not easy on my 2.5yr old  (Read 718 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dd2flick

  • New, But Posting Steadily!
  • **
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 58
  • Location:
EASY not easy on my 2.5yr old
« on: December 02, 2005, 09:19:40 am »
I have some concerns. I am trying to get my 10 week old on easy. It see, to be getting harder, especially at sleep/nap time, as my toddler is a spirited child and wants mya ttention all the time. My 10 wek old is getting harder to put down especially if I miss a cue for tirdness. well she is in her cot whinning because she is tired. The shhh put seems to over stimulate and my 2 yr old wants to have my attention.  :cry: So I have swaddled the baby and put her in the crib and I now have to go and give my toddler some time. HELP how do I handle EASY when dh is at work and I have two children to deal with. Is easy really family orientated?
dianne :?

Offline Deb_in_oz

  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • *****
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 16300
  • personal development blogger
  • Location: Brisbane, Australia
EASY not easy on my 2.5yr old
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:49:31 am »
Hi Diane,

I am not going to lie and say it is easy to do EASY when you have 2 kids and i think it is very hard with the age gap you and I have  :wink:  but it is do-able and i look at it as an investment in how the house will run beyond the first few months. 

there is a whole forum here for "and then there were 2" and you will see lots of people's experiences and tips on what worked for them. if you have not seen it i definitely recommend browsing the pages there.

if your toddler is high maintenance so-to-speak then you might want to find ways to work with your lo while your toddler is allowed to stay nearby (There are definitely some moms on the and then there were 2 board who have devised ways to do this) . for me, i resorted to putting on DVDs for my toddler when i really needed time for sleep training as my youngest was the spirited one and could not handle even eating around others let alone having a sister in the room during settling time...

i know it puts extra pressure on us, but i stressed a bit about getting her down in her window as that at least minimized the need for intervention from me - i erred on the side of too early (which sometimes resulted in some playing or whiniing) rather than too late/overtired (which resulted in 40 min of shh/pat  :roll: ) it did mean getting to know how much A time was enough and then getting my toddler ready to be alone for 10 min of woindown and settling... (i woudl start an activity with her / set her up and then tell her i woudl be back as soon as possible - this worked about 60% of the time, the other 40% she would wander in and interrupt the process but 60% is a start)

by 4 mo sleep training was on autopilot and it was more of  daily trouble shooting and resettling for short naps. like i said - difficult, but do-able
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified