Author Topic: please help...have some questions (a bit long)  (Read 792 times)

Offline jdoranvinti

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
please help...have some questions (a bit long)
« on: December 02, 2005, 13:28:32 pm »
I started the E.A.S.Y. program 5 days ago w/ my almost 5mth old ds. He is breastfed and was being fed to sleep always.

I have seen progress as far as putting him down for naps and bed time, however my problem is (I'm sure you can guess) keeping him asleep. For his afternoon nap yesterday I had to do pat/sshh 4 times just to extend to 1hr 15min. @ night I do a df between 10:30 and 11:00. From 1:00 to 7:00 he gets up so much that I end up putting him in bed w/ me (accidental parenting I know, but I am so tired).

Here are my questions/concerns.

My ds seems so much more tired during the day now then when we didnt follow a schedule. Is this normal?

Also I have a 7yo dd who was an angel. Slept through @ 2 mths. She was formula fed. Should I try supplimenting? My ds ped had me start him on cereal @ 4 mths so I do that @ his 3pm and 7pm feed. (ds was 8pounds born 3 weeks early).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 20:17:31 pm »
hi there,

i have a couple ideas for you... first of all, he's probably acting more tired cause he's not sleeping as well.  this is likely due to the adjustment in his day -his naps aren't as good cause you're teaching him to sleep in a new way, and that makes nighttime sleep worse, and so on. 

once he starts to come around, you will start to see improvement in his tiredness & disposition.  keep in mind that it does take time to change old habits - it took you 5 months to get here.  if you stay consistent, he will eventually learn.  keep in mind too that regression is normal - he will start to get it, and then regress.  stay persistant!

i don't think you need to quit bf, but i was thinking that maybe the cereal is disrupting sleep?  sometimes, when it's given so late in the day & doesn't digest as well, making them gassy & awake.  maybe feed him solids at breakfast & lunch instead of lunch & dinner?

HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline jdoranvinti

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 21:02:44 pm »
Hello,

I didnt think of the cereal so late affecting him. I will try just a bf @ 7:00.

Thank you so much.