Author Topic: What is considered "Waking up"?  (Read 984 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
What is considered "Waking up"?
« on: December 02, 2005, 15:09:56 pm »
My ds is almost 4 months, on a 4 hr EASY and goes to bed around 7:30 - 8 pm with a df at 10:30 and starts his day around 7 am. He fusses; stirs, moans and makes sounds every night around 3:30 or 4 and again around 6 in his crib.  He is able to put himself back to sleep after 5-10 min.  My question is, is this waking up or is he still asleep?  Should I do wake to sleep so that he goes straight through? 

He also sometimes wakes up crying around 10 pm, can often get him back to sleep with a pick up and paci, but sometimes I df then.  Could it be hunger or is he expecting the df?  Do I move the df to 10 pm?

Another issue is that sice he is in his own room and its dark, if he's awakes at 6 or 6:15....(which he has twice) I don't know because he won't make a peep and its too dark too see, until 7:30 when I go into his room to find him awake.  We have a monitor, but we don't hear him making sounds for us to come and get him?!  I tried checking this morning at 6 am when I heard him stirr to see if he was awake - couldn't see much; he moved a little and turned his head but was so quiet that I though he was still asleep.... when I went in at 7 he was wide eyed and smiling!  What do I do?  Do I wait for him to fuss?  I'm afraid that he's awake for and hour before I realize and can start his day.

I hope this is not confusing.... Any help or suggestions on any of theses issues will be greatly appreciated!   :oops:
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 17:36:21 pm »
ENJOY!!! You don't need "wake to sleep" because your little one is not waking up. He is stirring and able to put himself back to sleep right away... a skill most adults would love to have! :wink:

As for the not making a peep in the mornings... ENJOY! Start the day when you want to start the day. It is hard to know when he got up so that you can put him down for a nap at the appropriate time but if he is content at whatever time you put him down for the first nap, then you are laughing! It sounds like you have an Angel baby!
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:50:18 am »
Thanks!  I will consider myself lucky!  Arwyn is a beautiful name - does it have a special meaning?
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 17:44:06 pm »
:) Thanks, I just posted the whole name thing under a different thread.

Arwyn is our spelling of Arwen, the elfin princess from Lord of the Rings. It is also a "real" name... meaning muse/inspiration ? I have to look it up again  :oops: .
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada