Author Topic: doesn't eat proper amount  (Read 1254 times)

Offline barbara romphf

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 02, 2005, 15:10:04 pm »
I'm starting an easy routine with my three month old but I have a question,
what do I do when it's her feed time but she only eats 3oz instead of 4. Do I wait until next feed time and then give her more then, or do I wait for a bit then try to feed her the last oz. she usually did eat 4oz before I started the routine.
huh?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
doesn't eat proper amount
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 15:33:08 pm »
How long in between feeds was she going before starting EASY?  If it was longer than 3 hours, she probably just isn't as hungry.  If she'll go 3.5-4, it's OK to wait to feed her then vs the 3hr.  If you want to wait a bit and try the last ounce, that's ok too but I would probably try no later than 10-15 minutes to avoid the possibility of becoming a snacker.  :D

Also wanted to add that sometimes babies will decrease their ounces for a few days here and there.  They'll let you know when they're full  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline barbara romphf

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 17:05:55 pm »
she was basically eating anywhere from two and half hours to three hours but her schedule was all over the place (never the same time evey day). I suspect there was accidental parenting on my part. I'm sticking to the routine as described in "solves your problems" pg 230 for two reasons A) she likes to wake up at 2-3am,sometimes eating fullfeed, sometimes 1oz and B) loves to wake up at 5am, not hungry but won't go back to sleep. If I let her stay up, she's cranky in about 15min, so I know that she's still tired but I  can't get her back to sleep. I need this routine well established because my husband  has two weeks off coming up, and this is when I can start using pu/pd to deal with  these issues as well as some minor ones with the pacifier( read:deal with paci issues before they get worse) and the switch to a four hour routine.
huh?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
doesn't eat proper amount
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 18:29:40 pm »
Sounds like you have a good plan  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom