Author Topic: how many naps?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 02, 2005, 17:54:49 pm »
Hi I have a 10 wk old dd who likes her sleep. at present I ahve her on 3hr easy. The Q is how many naps can I expect to have from the hours of 7am and say 7-8pm, it is just my dd will stay awake for an hour. (this includes breastfeeding, then I have to take her to bed,. She will then sleep for up to 2 hours depending on how long it takes to settle. Today she has had 6 naps and all lasting around 1.5 hours.
dianne  :?

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
how many naps?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:38:45 am »
she is sleeping quite a lot! :wink:   Right now it is typical for a 10 week old to get 4 naps a day; 3 naps of 1.5-2 hours each and a 4th catnap of about 45 minutes.
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
how many naps?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 21:38:06 pm »
Hi there! I am in the same boat you are. My son has just learned to take long naps, and can only stay up for an hour. I am having a hard time getting him to bed for the night. Do you have the same prob?

Offline jenni

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
how many naps?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 02:28:42 am »
Hi

my lo is now 6 months, but i remember when she was about your's age - she also seemed to sleep all the time and i was concerned -but then without warning she changed at about 3 months - i htink she realised there was more going on in the world and wanted to be part of it.

basically, i think the important thing is to make sure that she sleeps at night.  my best tip here is to cut 10 mins off each daytime nap initially and see if that helps.  Or take into account the normal 45 minute nap cycle and only let her sleep for 2/3 cycles at a time.  I found after a bit of playing around, that if I woke dd at about 2.15mins (3 cycles) she actually seemed to be less sleepy - but it takes some maths working it all out.

good luck and enjoy the sleep while you can - i know you feel you're missing out, but now that my little one only does 2 naps a day, i find that suddenly i understand all those mums with no time!

Jenni