Author Topic: dh and easy routine  (Read 1044 times)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 03, 2005, 10:35:40 am »
How do I teach easy to my dh without being paronising. I find it very hard to lt him do anything. He aint EVER put flick down for her nap YET and I dont want to feel like a lone parent, or if I have to go out and leave lo with him that he resorts to AP.
dianne

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
dh and easy routine
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:56:32 am »
I'd say there are several things to do but he has to want to participate.

1. have him read the BW book (s) /- at least key parts that you select for him so he "gets" the philosophy behind it, the key techniques (there are some good announcements on the site that outline shh/pat, PU/PD etc in clear wording), and the structure of the day...and what kind of "cues" to look for (you can point out things as you go - like "it took me a while to realize but when Flick gets all jerky with her arms and legs she is actually really getting tired and we need to start getting her calmed down and ready for her nap" etc

2. ask him to commit to being at home one weekend for all naps and that maybe on Saturday he could shadow you while you handle a couple of naps and then Sunday if he feels ready he can try everything from windown to settling to resettling (if necessary)

3. involve him in "A" time so he gets a feel for himself of how much your lo can handle and what her cues are that she has had enough / getting tired / needs change of scenery, etc

the trick is to make sure he realises that you are learning as you go and do not have all the answers either - but you need him to get to know what her cues are and her temperment and how EASY works for her because she will look for consistency and, although resilient, would be better off if dad also stuck with what she is used to when mom is "in charge"

HTH, good luck!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
dh and easy routine
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 12:33:30 pm »
How old is your little one?

For us, just showing dh what happens when we don't follow EASY was enough for him to "believe" in it (going to the inlaws, missing a nap, etc.).  I also then would just make happy, little comments on "now it will be so much much easier for when you watch the kids since there isn't any guessing! (for the most part :wink: )  :D

From doing EASY this allows my dh to watch the kids and put them down for their naps and he gets some "me" time for himself.  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom