Author Topic: Early Riser..need advice  (Read 785 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 03, 2005, 12:28:25 pm »
DS has started waking up at 5am, he will usually fuss but not cry and I try not to go in to him till 6am but he never goes back to sleep. I'm unsure if I should put him down at his normal nap time, 9am or since he wakes up earlier put him down earlier. Also, any suggestions for getting him back to sleeping later, he was going to bed at 7pm and up at 6am but now he's fussy at bed time and won't go to sleep till 8pm (in crib at 7p) and is up at 5am which I know is not enough sleep for his age. He usually naps at 9am (1hr-1 1/2hrs) and 1 or 2pm (1hr-1 1/2hrs) and then is up from around 3pm-7pm. Somtimes I put him down at 630p but it does not really make a difference on wake up time. Thanks

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Early Riser..need advice
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:51:35 pm »
you know, luke was doing this about a month ago (at 9 months old), and i have no idea what he was up to! 

all i can tell you is what i did... following his lead, i never fed him until his normal time (7:30am) cause he wasn't hungry until then. 

i kept his normal morning nap time (9am) and he seemed fine with it.  it would be a little longer, since he was adding in the sleep he didn't get at night.  his 2nd nap was at 2pm until 3:30/4:30 and he pretty much happily went until his 8pm bedtime.  there was the occasional day where he went earlier, but he was fine for the most part.

and recently, he started going back to sleeping till 7am.  i'm guessing it was developmental, but i am thankful for no more 6am wakings!  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy