Author Topic: Multiple Questions  (Read 963 times)

Offline Lisel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 04, 2005, 16:17:44 pm »
To anyone who can help. I have a few questions. They are not all related to food.
First, can you give me an idea of what my lo schedule should be like. He is 12 months old. He gets up at 7am and goes to bed at 7.  I'm just not sure when I should be feeding him or putting him to down to nap. I think that he wants to move to a later nap.
Do you give your lo a bottle first and breakfast later or the other way around. Do you give them the bottle shortly after breakfast or an hour or so later. I just feel like all I do is feed him!

Schedule at the moment

7-get up eat cereal - doesn't seem to want to eat more than 1/2 c. I think that he's bored with it maybe, but he can't have dairy so I don't  know what to feed him-he often still seems hungry afterwards
9-goes for nap- give him bottle-sometimes 3oz sometimes 7oz
12-lunch
1-bottle and nap. Only a few ounces
3-gets up-Should I give him a snack? How much?
5-Dinner
7-Bedtime-Bottle anywhere from 5-7 ounces.

So i wonder how long i should keep him up between naps now. Do I give him snacks?When? Do I give him his milk with his meals. And most of all I just need more ideas of what to feed him, because he doesn't seem to like a lot of stuff and I don't want to feed him jarred food anymore. I usually only give him one small one per meal. I know there are a lot of question. Please Help!
Corwin's Mum

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Multiple Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 21:04:19 pm »
I am not sure I can help, but around that age our ds moved to one longer nap, later in the day.  Here is our schedule and what he eats.  He is picky so there is not much variation unfortunatley.

8 am wake 4 oz milk
930  bkfst  pancakes, sausage cut in small pieces, bannana, milk or water
1230 lunch  1/2 turkey sandwhich, bean burrito, or hotdog with some fruit, milk or water
130 nap 4 to 6 oz milk
430 wake (no snack or hardly touches dinner)
530 or 6 dinner usually mac n cheese or fish fillet & mash potatoes with fruit (usually peaches or strawberries) and veg(hardly eats)
8 snack - peanutbutter on graham cracker or yogurt with juice to drink
9 bed with 8 oz milk

I am not sure about what to give for no dairy.  Thats tough. Hopefully others will have suggestions.  Good luck :D
Julie

Offline dmills

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 19:33:04 pm »
My ds is 14+ mos. and his schedule looks like the following:

6:30 Wake and 6oz. of whole milk in a sippy.
8:00 Breakfast:  Whole graing waffle and fruit or cereal and fruit.
9:00 Nap
11:00 Snack:  Half a yogurt and a couple Gerber wheels or os or wheat Chex or fruit, etc...
12:00 Lunch:  Meat sticks and veggies, Lil'Entree or Pasta Pickups
1:15 Nap 
4:00 Snack:  Same as AM
5:30 Dinner:  Same as lunch
7:00 6ozs. of whole milk in a sippy after tub and then to bed.

Hope that helps!!!
dmills

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:26:24 am »
dmills- do you offer sippy w/milk any other time of day besides morning when baby wakes and bedtime? Just curious as your schedule is similar to ours.
Thanks!