Author Topic: 5 week old refuses to nap regularly  (Read 985 times)

Offline vxclayborn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 04, 2005, 19:10:13 pm »
My five-week old Eva Grace and I began EASY a week ago the first couple of days everything went beautifully. Now, nap time is a major issue. She has severe reflux so we have to wake her 20 minutes before she eats or make her wait 20 minutes once she was woke up on time so that we can give her medicine. However, she regularly refuses to wake after eating. She is a great eater but rarely wants any activity after feeds. I've tried waking her but it takes alot and then she is fussy and fights her first nap.
She is an extremely good baby, only cries when she is very hungry... I want her on some sort of schedule but we are struggling. 

Also, in ya'lls opinion are pacifiers ok during sleep? I read they were but I personally feel like she is almost asleep then it falls out and we have to start all over some days I feel like I am playing "pop the binky back in" ALL day! However, naps have became even more difficult without the pacifier.

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
5 week old refuses to nap regularly
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 20:49:47 pm »
I feel like I'm boasting all over the boards this evening but we've just taken the paci away from my 3 month old and tonight he's gone down to sleep for the first time without it and with no crying or fussing, I'm truly amazed.  I don't think he would have learned such fantastic sleeping habits (particularly at night - days are more of a struggle) without a paci and I'd definitely use one again for the first 3 or 4 months.  One of the things to do is not to replace the paci when it falls out but hopefully your LO is asleep by then and doesn't wake up - have you tried using a different type of paci?  We stuck with Mam once we realised Zander could keep them in easier than the others.

Kelly x

Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
5 week old refuses to nap regularly
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 22:37:28 pm »
I have no experience with the pacifier but as far as her A time goes, at 5 weeks she might not be ready for much yet (especially if she is awake for 20 min before even eating) - so just change her diaper after the feed to rouse her to semi-awake at least and then get her ready for bed.  Most babies start to wake up more at 6 weeks or so and all are different. as her A time naturally lengthens she can have her 20 min A time, then E, then a little proper A time, then sleep
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified