Author Topic: Dropping Bottle??  (Read 941 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 04, 2005, 20:34:08 pm »
DS has been eating 3 meals plus 4 bottles per day, he usually has an 8oz bottle at 7am and bedtime and a 6oz bottle at 11am and 3pm, the last few days he dosen't seem to hungry for the 11am bottle so I've skipped it or offered a 4oz bottle, I know when I gave it to him he would drink whatever was in there but I don't think he really "wants" or "needs" it since he dosne't seem to be hungry. Do you think I should still offer a smaller bottle at that time or just skip it and go down to 24oz a day??

He's about 24lbs now at 9 months. He's never dropped bottle on his own so I'm not sure how this works. I usually ended up cutting him back because he was eating alot of formula plus alot of solids and gaining alot of weight quickly.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Dropping Bottle??
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 21:35:36 pm »
Hi - i am going to move this to bottle feeding but will add my 2 cents as well.

just this past week when Liv was 9 1/2 months we dropped to 3 bottles - in her case she was not too fussed about the 3-4pm bottle and started napping until 4pm so i figured i would just have her wait til dinner solids and she fed better so i am keeping this up.  if she wakes at 3 or so i will offer a sippy cup for extra practice and she can have extra formula but i won't worry about how much she takes. so we are now on bottles around 7:30 (she takes a top up at 8:30), 12:30pm and 7pm she totals around 25oz as well sometimes up to 28oz but if it dropped to 21oz i would not worry as that is the minimum suggested in Australia for over 6 mo.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified