Author Topic: early wakening  (Read 1235 times)

Offline ambersmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Juilet - Manchester England
early wakening
« on: December 05, 2005, 10:18:56 am »
hope this is the right place for this topic.

my problem is dd has started to waken between 5:30 and 6:30am. She used to sleep until 7 or 7:30.

I tried to do tracey's ABC thing. I thought it was the central heating coming on in the morning so we turned it off, but she still wakes up early. We also dropped the df recently as she was hardly taking any of it and is on 3 solid meals a day. she doesn't wake up demanding food, but maybe is a little bit hungry?

any suggestions?
tia
juliet

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
early wakening
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 00:38:49 am »
Hi there,

What does her EASY routine look like with naps/feeds? It could just be that her routine needs a tweak...post back and we will have a look for you!

Dee
x

Offline ambersmum

early wakening
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 19:53:23 pm »
Hi there Dee,
                THanks for the reply! Our routine is going through a bit of a change due to Amber's needing less day time sleep.

Wake up usually 6am to 6:45 sometimes as early as 5am!
7am breakfast cereal,fruit and milk
9:15 sleep
10 awake, sometimes this is later
11:30 lunch, milk and solids
1pm nap for 45mins-2hours! very varied at the moment
3pm milk feed
4:30 if second nap was short she needs 30-45 mins sleep now
5:15 tea, solids and water
6:15 milk, half a bottle
6:30 bath
6:45 finish bottle, prayers, cuddles and lullaby
7pm bed

To keep it short I've not included Activity times, obviously that is when not feedings or sleeping.

The last couple of days I've tried a df at 10pm as we used to do this and after we dropped it, a few weeks later, the early waking started. I'm going to do a df for a week to see if it helps.

She used to go down for first nap at 8:30 after having got up at 7am but she just isn't tired than anymore so that is another recent change.
Grateful for any suggestions
TIA

juliet

Offline mattandcindy

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 19:48:12 pm »
Juliet
Hi! Sorry you never got any response to after you posted your schedule.
I don't have any answers for you but just wondered how you are getting along with the reintroduced dreamfeed?
My Abigail is having the exact same problem and it is driving me crazy. She used to sleep from 7pm to 7am or even 7:30am VERY consistently.
Now she wakes up anywhere from 4am  :shock:  to 6:30 if I am VERY lucky. I have tried almost everything also. (changing the heat, fan, no fan, warmer clothes, cooler clothes, giving tylenol in the middle of the night-just in case it is teething pain, keeping up later, putting to bed eariler) NOTHING has helped and I am so tired of her getting up so early.

I have thought about reintroducing the dreamfeed-I literally stopped it a 4 months! I don't want to create a problem though where she needs to eat where she used  not to.

Anyway, wondering if the df helped in your case.
Thanks.
Cindy

Offline ambersmum

early wakening
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:50:03 am »
Hi Cindy,
           Wow you have been having a rough time. I tried all those things you said too, and they didn't help me either. The df was useless as she didn't take much, and then didn't settle back to sleep as easily as she used to when we did do the df.I didn't really think it was hunger but anything was worth a try. So we stopped in favour of going to bed early ourselves to cope with early mornings.

However, we tried a later bedtime, something I wasn't keen on as dd gets tired by 7pm, especially as she has dropped her 3rd nap in the afternoon. But bed at 7:30 worked, she has slept until 7am or even 7:30! Then last night I had to put her to bed at 7pm, because I wanted her in bed before the babysitter arrived and thought she'd be up early today but she slept until 7:30. Her daytime naps have improved too since I posted the routine, she has about 1 hour in morning and 2 hours at lunch. Maybe that has helped night time sleep too.

Hope things improve for you soon. Do you nap in the day when your baby does to catch up?