Author Topic: Sleeping at Grandma's.....  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« on: December 05, 2005, 14:05:03 pm »
Just wondering if and of you run into the same problem: I sleep at my parents house maybe once a month with my son. Everytime, without fail, we have a very rough night. He wont sleep in the playpen, and then I have to put him in bed with me..and even though its a Queen he still manages to inform me that I am in his way!:) Cute normally, but from 11pm till 3:30..not really. I think its just that he has so many new things to take in that he doesnt sleep well, or maybe he is unfamiliar with surroundings, thus the awake time etc....anyone shed any light on this? Im tempted to stay at my apt and forget sleepovers!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Sleeping at Grandma's.....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 16:48:51 pm »
Sounds like a bit of separation anxiety :)

He's at the age where it should be starting (somewhere around 6-9 months, sometimes a little later). For some it hits harder than others. The most you can do I'm afraid is whether through it.

Something you could try though is setting up a pack n play/playpen (the one he sleeps in at grandma's) at home and have him get use to sleeping in it at home (assuming you have one). Have him sleep in it a few nights, then a few nights in his normal bed/crib, then back in the playpen for a few nights. When you think he's use to it, put the playpen in a different room, and have him sleep in it there for a few nights. That way, if he refuses to sleep in it, you can always move him back to his normal bed (but try and keep at it different nights).

This really helped my lo. She use to be that way at grandma's house (both of them). Now she takes 1.5-2 hour naps at both houses after we practiced at home. We don't get out to see the grandparents very often, so the practice at home really helps her.

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline moo's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 14:15:10 pm »
We have a very similar problem.  My just-turned-one-yesterday ( :D ) dd will not nap at grandma's house.  She sleeps just fine on our pack-n-play when we're on vacation, but will not sleep in the pack-n-play at g'ma's house!?!  Any ideas?  My mother is very helpful and wants to watch dd at least one day a week, but I'm so reluctant to take her up on it because dd won't nap and it throws the whole day off, and I end up not enjoying my down-time because I'm rushing to get her before naptime.  We've tried the same nap routine that we do at home, but still not working...