Author Topic: day time naps in the light and noise  (Read 972 times)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 06, 2005, 08:36:24 am »
Is it ok to settle my 11 week old baby in her crib up stairs in the light? I want to make the difference between day and night and I dont want to have to creep around her. In my house itis vertually impossible to have quietness as I have a 2.5 yr old  and she is VERY SPIRITED!! She very often comes in and makes lots of noise. Or plays in her bedroom and the walls are very thin!
when dd was in the moses basket down stairs the noise and the light did not bother her, though now that I have spent a few weeks of stressfully trying to darknen the room and keep my 2.5yr old quiet, she is disrupted very quickly.
dianne

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
day time naps in the light and noise
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:50:17 am »
Hi, my 2 are 5 months, but 12 weeks corrected.  I put them to sleep in their bedroom during the day.  Their room is VERY bright cos we have no curtains up at the windows yet.  I also have a lively 2.5 year old toddler.
The babies do manage to sleep through him screaming, and running around.  I have found that asking him to be quiet makes him worse.  I try making a game of it.  About 10 mins before the babies go to bed, I start talking to him in whispers, he whispers back!  Then I get a favourite toy out - usually his trains, and when I come back down we play with that.

HTH,
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 09:31:16 am »
cheers for the quick reply. I do try and tone the noise down a bit but as you know that is impossible. I am wanting my lo to know the difference between day and night and it is sooo tempting to close the curtians. I was getting a little down with the whole EASY routine due to having PND and I even thought about  gina ford! (sorry for swearing). I need flexability to go out with my toddler in the pram.

Here is another question while I am thinking about it. My toddler starts preschool on the 4th Jan. I have to be out by 8.30am to get her there. Is it ok to have a set nap time in the buggy? If not I dont think easy will work for us as a family.
dianne

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
day time naps in the light and noise
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 14:36:16 pm »
I think that the great thing about Easy is that it does allow a lot of flexibility once you kind of get into a swing of things.  I would say that yes, it is okay to have a set nap in the car if that is what is necessary for the family, as long as the other naps are at home.  THis way your lo will have proper time and practice to learn to fall asleep without movement and will get a more restorative nap. 

HTH!
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07