Author Topic: 4 Month Early morning feeding  (Read 1013 times)

Offline shweta

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 Month Early morning feeding
« on: December 06, 2005, 18:16:46 pm »
My 4 month old daughter Advika, is now successfully on a 4 hr schedule, dream feeds at 10:30, and sleeps through till 5:00am. She is very hungry at 5:00, is this a habit or is she really hungry. Should I feed her or not? I am in a doubt, once fed till 20 min then she goes back to sleep peacefully. My confusion is that is all of this normal, or they are expected to wake up at 7:00am. I tried feeding her water early morning, but then she is very hungry and doesnt sleep well, and then at 7:00 she gulps down a whole 6 oz. Keeping her hungry is good or am I starving her???? Guilty conscience..........!!!!! I finally started feeding her........what to do????

Please provide any suggesstions...........

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 20:41:59 pm »
She sounds really hungry, I'd keep feeding her. If you find that she goes to sleep but isn't hungry for her morning feed, you could try dropping or decreasing the dreamfeed so she'll wake earlier in the night, say 3-4am.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline shweta

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 17:00:45 pm »
Quote from: GraceKellysmom
She sounds really hungry, I'd keep feeding her. If you find that she goes to sleep but isn't hungry for her morning feed, you could try dropping or decreasing the dreamfeed so she'll wake earlier in the night, say 3-4am.

Feeding her less makes sense, but as per the whisperer........she says kids after 4 months wake up at 7 straight............what confuses me is that is she getting in a habit to feed.??

These kids confuse a hell of a lot dont they? :)

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 17:25:21 pm »
Has she always been an early riser or did this just begin to happen? If she just woke early one morning and was fed it could have become a habit. I'm not saying not to feed a hungry baby, obviously, but it could be that she would like to sleep longer (like you!  :)) but can't bc her little clock is stuck at 5:00. Try a wake to sleep at 4:00 am and see if that helps. If so- it was habit. My ds started waking at 4:30 and after I read Tracey's 2nd book I started the wake to sleep and it has been like magic. I set my alarm for 3:30, went in his room, rubbed his belly gently to stir him, gave him his pacifier then left the room. He didn't really wake up all the way but enough to get him back into the deep sleep he needed then slept through. Hope this helps.  :)
Meredith