Author Topic: Bf probs due to hot weather & distraction  (Read 829 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Bf probs due to hot weather & distraction
« on: December 07, 2005, 04:00:15 am »
At the moment it is really hot here 35C ( mid 90's F I think) & it is noticable even with Aircon as it isn't through all the house & so I have to feed Liam in the living room as his room is warm enough that we both get hot & sticky & so it doesn't go down well. Problem is Aiden distracts him & it is 10secs & off etc... I tried expressing & giving him a sippy & that didn't work (wrong type of sippy???) He didn't reject it, just hardly took anything & if I loosened the valve it went everywhere.
I know he will compensate at night (which if I can avoid would be nice... but can live with it - I just get grumpier due to greater lack of sleep :? ) but I worry about dehydration as I am drinking about 3 times more than normal & I drink heaps... Aiden is on his 4th sippy & it's only 3pm!

I'm thinking about trying water &/or bottle... but wondering if there is something that has worked for others that I am missing.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Bf probs due to hot weather & distraction
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 01:16:02 am »
What a sticky situation. Do your best to keep him cool for feeds. Can you sit by a fan? At 6.5 months old, I would think he is still nursing 5-6 times a day and maybe a meal of solids? A sippy with water is ok in addition to those nursings.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies