Author Topic: going crazy!!!!  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Baby Chase's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
going crazy!!!!
« on: December 08, 2005, 02:59:54 am »
my 5 mth old wants to eat every two hours at night, has been like this for over a month now.  I bf and sometimes he will go three but that's about it. 

My daytime routine is pretty crazy right now too, trying to get that straightened around but he is feeding roughly every two to three hours during the day. 

Today was the first successful day that he took a soother (up until now he sucked his fingers), so I am going to try going into tonight and offer the soother between feeds.  Also tonight was the first night I have done a df. 

Also another point is we are making the transition from co sleeping to the crib....I know, it's a lot all at once....

Helpful hints and advice is appreciated  Thanks :)
Tara
Mom to Chase
07/06/05

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
going crazy!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 02:24:07 am »
With a 5mo if you are feeding every 2 hours or so, your lo is "snacking" so once you get the day feeds stretched out you should see some improvement in the night ones.
make sure your lo is able to self settle at the start of the night ie not feeding to sleep & then gradually try to lenghten out the time between feeds.
Both his tummy & your milk supply need to adjust to the different feeding routine, so only stretch it out by about 1/2hour every few days...
It will probably take more than a few weeks to sort the night waking out, so be prepared for that.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Flo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
going crazy!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 13:38:52 pm »
OMG I have exactly the same problem - I thought it was just me.  I have let mine feed this often because I was told this was the best thing to do as he has Reflux but I'm starting to doubt it now as he woke 12 times last night ( I fed him one boob 4 times).

Lisa

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
going crazy!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 15:31:21 pm »
i too  was told by the doctor to let her eat every 2 hours and her reflux would be more under control as well, which worked well until the meds kicked in.  then i started stretching it out little by little to get her on a routine that was more suitable for dd and me!...if your lo's are on meds and not having any 'attacks' i say go for it!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005