Author Topic: when's it too cold to go outside?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline GaliaF

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 07, 2005, 14:53:48 pm »
We are in Toronto, Canada and we have been going out for walks in -4, without the wind chill (i put the plastic cover over the stroller to block the wind).  I have a fuzzy cuddle bag I bundle my 4m.o. babe in, wrap him in a sweater and good hat above his clothes, and we're out.
IT gets to about -20 in the dead of winter here, so I was wondering if anyone knew when it's just better to stay in?
Thanks!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
when's it too cold to go outside?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 15:02:10 pm »
I don't know - good question. It's getting quite cold here in NYC too. I figure I'll go out while I can and then maybe meet my SIL at a mall in the burbs just to get out? Sometimes I really wish I lived in a warm climate year round!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
when's it too cold to go outside?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 15:07:44 pm »
As far as I know as long as you have your LO bundled up good your pretty much ok to go out anytime for short periods of time. I'm in Northern Ontario myself. It gets as low as -30 where I am.. I've seen babies out in that too.
A tip a friend of mine told me is to drape the plastic rain cover for the stroller over the stroller and it will turn the inside into a little greenhouse. Its really warm under the cover.
Kimberly